Knoxville Walking Tours
If you want a good overview of the city, both geographically and history wise, head over to Knoxville Walking Tours. This locally beloved tour company provides guided tours of this 'unique eastern Tennessee town', showing visitor's the stories of the pioneers, outlaws, soldiers, and even fictional characters who have walked these very streets. Tales of 'heroes, heels, and hardened criminals' will be explored by master storyteller Laura Still, with help of the stories by historian Jack Neely.
In all tours, the hard and high times of Knoxville over the past two centuries is covered, but in several different ways. Here are the possible tours for your group:
- Shadow Side Ghost Tour - Explore the 'bloodstained streets' of a Knoxville past.
- Shadow Side Ghost Tour 2 - The same concept as before, only within Old Town Knoxville.
- Knoxville Botanical Garden - A more area focused tour that allows you to discover the botanical world of David Howell.
- Civil War - Learn all about a city divided during this crucial stage in the Civil War.
- Gunslingers - Walk Gay Street, the former site of Knoxville's very own 'OK Corral'.
- Early Years - The establishment of White's Fort and first founders meeting spots.
Some more options include Musical History, Old Gray Cemetery, Literary Heritage, and Holiday History.