Myrtle Beach is one of our most popular student travel locations, and for good reason!
This stunning seaside city provides a popular vacation resort hotspot along the Atlantic coast of South Carolina, the city a part of the Grand Strand 60-mile string of beaches.
There are ample amusement parks, arcades, and amazing shops and restaurants, not to mention the best aspect of all: THE BEACH.
Boardwalks, piers, and sand and surf await here, which of course, are all free!
Don't worry about breaking the bank during your next Myrtle Beach adventure, just give us a call and let us help you plan it all, using this handy budget-friendly guide all along the way!
Don't get overwhelmed with all the lodging options lining the beach, let us help you find the most budget-friendly option for your group that is still safe, upscale, and clean. ($ = $50-75, $$ = $100-150, $$$ = $150 and up)
- Campground: Myrtle Beach KOA - Enjoy camping for little to no cost right in the heart of all the coastal city's attractions.
- Hotel: West Gate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront - Enjoy access to the ocean, swim in the onsite pool, and be within walking distance of all major beachside attractions. $
Hampton Inn and Suites Myrtle Beach - Hot breakfast, wifi, and amazing ocean views await at this budget-friendly hotel option. $$
- Motel: Sea Hawk Motel Myrtle Beach - A no-frills clean motel with oceanfront views and extremely reasonable prices. $
- Resort: Marriot's Ocean Watch Villas at Grand Dunes - 4 onsite dining options, upscale rooms, and access to the beach and local shopping hotspots are offered with this resort option. $$$
One of the greatest things about budget-friendly Myrtle Beach is the city bus system, The Coast. There are more than 45 vehicles that run seven days a week, with 9 fixed routes, giving your group an excellent, free option to get around town.
- The Coast RTA offers Para Transit service. - Affordable and convenient public transportation along all major city roads.
Admission Charging Attractions
While we realize that you probably don't want to spend a ton of money on attractions alone while visiting, the options listed below offer extremely affordable admission prices, plus of course, tons of fun! ($ = $20 and under, $$ = $20-30, $$$ = $30 and up)
- Alligator Adventure $$
Brookgreen Gardens $
Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf $
Family Kingdom Amusement Park $$
Hollywood Wax Museum Myrtle Beach $$
Myrtle Beach Skywheel $
Myrtle Waves Water Park $$
Radical Ropes Adventure Park $$$
Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Odditorium $
Free attractions are the best attractions, and Myrtle Beach is chock full of them! Check them all out during your visit!
- Broadway at the Beach
- Barefoot Landing
- Myrtle Beach Museum of Art
- Market Common
- Vereen Memorial Historic Gardens
- Huntington Beach State Park
- South Carolina Hall of Fame
For more great Student Budget Trip Ideas browse our options below.